- English, KS1, KS2, Play in a Day, Workshops
A Midsummer Night’s Dream in a Day – our brand new format!
Perfect for Shakespeare Week 2019 (18th – 24th March) and Shakespeare’s Birthday (23rd April)
Your pupils can discover Shakespeare’s most magical tale with our new format workshops. Choose from one of two options – Learn and Present or Explore
Learn and Present:
Based on the always popular Play in a Day format, one class of children spend an action-packed day learning about the plot, themes and characters of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. They’ll work on the whole story of the play and explore some of Shakespeare’s language too, as well as looking at context and themes.
The day is packed with information and facts – delivered through games and drama activities which make the information memorable, and make children feel like they’re not really working hard at all!
At the end of the day the class present their learning as a performance with music, costumes and props to an invited audience of parents and the rest of the school.
Learn and Present is suitable for Key Stage 2.
In the Explore format we can work with up to 4 classes in one school day – giving each class an exciting and participatory workshop which is perfect for kinesthetic learners. Each class will explore the characters and themes of A Midsummer Night’s Dream and work on an abridged version of the story. This is all done through drama games and activities which make learning memorable and fun.
Explore is suitable for Key Stage 1 & 2.
Key focus of A Midsummer Night’s Dream in a Day:
Children will learn about:
- Elizabethan theatre conventions, including the names of key aspects of the theatre, acting rules of the time, location and audience set up
- The storyline and plot, the three interweaved stories
- Shakespeare’s language and use of comedy
- The fairy and magical world at the heart of the play
- Historical context
- Character’s names and characteristics
- The atmosphere and feel of the play
Children will develop:
- Confidence and self-belief
- Communication skills
- Team work and cooperation skills
- Speaking and listening skills
- Positive attitude towards learning
- Creativity and imagination
“The day was excellent from start to finish and the standard of teaching was excellent. The children gained an understanding of the play and the relationships between the characters, it introduced the plot and main story line and we can now build upon this for the rest of the term…10/10” Kerry Welsby, Evelyn Primary, Knowsley
St Anne’s in Huyton wrote about their Play in a Day (Learn and Present format) for the school website. Take a look here: http://stannesprimaryknowsley.co.uk/classes/year-6/
From £295 + vat
Please give us a call on 0151 443 0333 or email email@example.com if you’d like more information or to make a booking.