- English, KS1, KS2, Play in a Day, Workshops
ROMEO & JULIET IN A DAY – OUR BRAND NEW FORMAT!
Perfect for Shakespeare Week 2019 (18th – 24th March) and Shakespeare’s Birthday (23rd April)
Want to explore the entire story of Romeo and Juliet in just one day? We can help!
Choose from one of two options – Learn and Present or Explore
LEARN AND PRESENT:
The Learn and Present format allows you to cover the whole play with one class in just one school day. We include all of the key elements of the story as short scenes and across the day pupils work together to create an abridged version of the play using original language but delivered in a way that is easy to understand for pupils.
The day is packed with information and facts which are delivered through games and drama activities which make the information memorable, and make children feel like they’re not really working hard at all!
At the end of the day the class present their learning as a performance with music, costumes and props to an invited audience of parents and the rest of the school.
Learn and Present is suitable for Key Stage 2.
A series of exciting and fun-packed workshops, exploring the story, characters and themes of Romeo and Juliet and taking a look at Shakespearean language too. The Explore format is made up of a series of workshops across the day, meaning we can work with up to 140 children, split into groups of 35. Create an exciting buzz around school with a workshop for all.
Explore is suitable for Key Stage 1 & 2.
KEY FOCUS OF ROMEO AND JULIET IN A DAY:
Children will learn about:
- The storyline and plot, including all key characters and events
- The relationship between Romeo and Juliet
- The relationships between the key male protagonists – Romeo, Benvolio, Mercutio and Tybalt
- Shakespeare’s language
- Historical context including the age of the characters, their relationships to parents and rules about marriage at this time
- Characters’ names and traits
Children will develop:
- Confidence and self-belief
- Communication skills
- Team work and cooperation skills
- Speaking and listening skills
- Positive attitude towards learning
- Creativity and imagination
“Fantastic day which I know will be a highlight for this year. It really encouraged children to get fully involved in both the story and language of Shakespeare. 10/10” Linda Bannister, Class Teacher, St Anne’s Primary, Knowsley
From £295 + vat for a full day in school including all resources, materials, planning and evaluation.
For more information or to book Romeo and Juliet in a Day give us a call on 0151 443 0333 or pop us an email: email@example.com