- English, KS1, KS2, Play in a Day, Workshops
Shakespeare in a Day!
Perfect for Shakespeare Week 2020 (16th – 22nd March 2020) and Shakespeare’s Birthday (23rd April) or at the start of your Shakespeare Schools Festival work.
Choose from one of two options – Learn and Present or Explore
Learn and Present:
In this fast-paced format one class of children spend an exciting day developing their knowledge and understanding of Shakespeare’s life and work. They’ll learn about conventions of Elizabethan theatre, Shakespeare’s life and, of course, his famous characters and plays.
The day is packed with information and facts – delivered through games and drama activities which make the information memorable, and make children feel like they’re not really working hard at all!
At the end of the day the class present their learning as a performance with music, costumes and props to an invited audience of parents and the rest of the school.
Learn and Present is suitable for Key Stage 2.
A series of exciting and fun packed workshops, exploring Shakespeare’s plays, characters and language. The Explore format is suitable for up to 140 children, split into groups of 35. Create an exciting buzz around school with a workshop for all.
Explore is suitable for Key Stage 1 & 2.
Key focus of Shakespeare in a Day:
Children will learn about:
- Up to 8 of Shakespeare’s plays.
- Shakespeare’s language and its relevance to the vocabulary we currently use.
- Shakespeare’s life.
- Key Shakespearean characters and themes.
- The different theatrical styles of Shakespeare’s work.
- Elizabethan theatre conventions, including the names of key aspects of the theatre, theatrical rules of the time, location and audience set up.
- Knowledge of drama techniques
Children will develop:
- Confidence and self-belief
- Communication skills
- Team work and cooperation skills
- Speaking and listening skills
- Positive attitude towards learning
- Creativity and imagination