Explore Days give you the chance to have a range of drama workshops for lots of classes, in just one day. It’s an exciting day of topic learning which creates a real buzz around school.
An Explore Day is perfect for:
- Schools with more than one class per year group
- Schools who want to give many classes an exciting experience in one day
It’s a really simple format – you let us know how many classes you’d like us to work with (maximum of 4 classes in a day) and tell us about which topics you’d like us to cover. We help you plan the day, taking into account your hall use and your breaks and lunchtime.
We then send your teachers a survey link so they can be specific about which aspects of the topic they’d like the drama workshop to cover.
Because we plan the workshops in a bespoke way, you can choose any topics for your Explore Day. We’ve done some wild and wacky topics over the last year and we’re always up for a challenge!
To show you how an Explore Day can work, we’ve given you some examples below:
An Explore Day in a 1 form entry school
- Workshop 1 – 9am – 10:30am: Stone Age to Iron Age with Year 3
- Workshop 2 – 10:45 – 12pm: Ancient Greeks with Year 4
- Workshop 3 – 1 – 2pm: Florence Nightingale/Mary Seacole with Year 2
- Workshop 4: 2 – 3pm: Queen Victoria with Year 1
An Explore Day in a 2 form entry school
- Workshop 1 – 9am – 10:15am: Mayans with Year 5 (Class 1)
- Workshop 2 – 10:30 – 11:45am: Mayans with Year 5 (Class 2)
- Workshop 3 – 1:15 – 2:15pm: Early Islamic Civilisations with Year 6 (Class 1)
- Workshop 4: 2:15 – 3:15pm: Early Islamic Civilisations with Year 6 (Class 2)
An Explore Day with more depth – for just 2 classes
- Workshop 1 – 9am – 11:30am: Roald Dahl with Year 4 (Class 1)
- Workshop 2 – 1 – 3pm: Roald Dahl with Year 4 (Class 2)
The options really are endless, and we love delivering Explore Days on new topics because this gives us a chance to flex our planning muscles! (And if you’re looking for inspiration – take a look at the topic pages on the rest of the website!)
If you’re interested in Explore Days and how they can support teaching and learning in your school then give us a call on 0151 443 0333 or email email@example.com